Monday, August 18, 2008

Two Peas in a Pod!

I will preface this post by saying that Parker and Davis have their fair share of rocky patches. They fight, yell, hit, kick......BUT, they also play, laugh, race, and dance! When it all comes down to it, they love each other like nothing else! They are each other's best friend, and best playmate. They are both also too sweet to Emerson, and he already shows such excitement when they get down and talk and play with him. I can't wait until he is a little older, and he is able to join in with them with all of their fun too! Here are a few fun and exciting times that they have shared in the last couple of weeks...

Hide and Go Where?



These pictures were taken when the boys were playing Hide and Go Seek while I was making Davis's birthday cake. This is Davis's favorite hiding place. Yes, he is in the kitchen cabinet in my island. Parker came up with this hiding spot first, and Davis will do anything Parker does...I mean anything!!! It's pretty funny when they get aggravated with me when there is too much stuff in the cabinet for them to fit easily. I mean, what am I thinking to actually put kitchen things in a kitchen cabinet?!?! Of course I should leave room for a perfect hiding spot!


"May the force be with you..."

The boys both got to go to see the new Star Wars movie with Noah! They were so excited! Davis thought he was so big too! He came in the door saying, "Darth Vader wasn't in the movie" (I was informed by Noah that he was right - this movie was from the time before Anakin turned into Darth Vader...I don't really understand it all, I just pretend I do when I am playing Star Wars guys with the boys). The boys (all 3 of them) had a great time together at the movie! This was the first "boy movie" that they have gone to see together! I am sure that there will be MANY more to come. I will be doing a raffle at a later date for who gets to loan me their daughters to go see "girl movies" with me!

The day I have dreamed of...


The other evening I was cooking dinner, and I thought it was very quiet in the family room. Usually in my crazy house, that is a bad sign. I peeked around the corner, and saw Parker and Davis sitting in a chair together, and Parker was reading a Spiderman book to Davis. It was so sweet! Davis was listening very intently, and Parker was doing such a great job. I got a few pictures, and attempted a video, but then Parker caught me. He is so sweet to Davis sometimes, but he never wants me to capture evidence of it! I am looking forward to many more moments like these!

0 comments: