We have been so focused on Kindergarten, that our other darlings have kind of been forgotten on the blog. Today is the day for updates!
Emerson is now 3 1/2 months old. He thinks he is more like 6 months old. Let's see, for starters, on Monday evening I was in the kitchen cooking supper (yes, I still cook on occasion), and he was in the floor, on a play mat, in the family room. He has learned to "scoot" on his back. He digs his heels into the ground, pushes off, and is able to move across the room like that. I must admit, this is a little disheartening. I like the idea of a baby that is completely immobile. My job description changes drastically the moment my baby can move around! So, I heard him start to cry, and honestly I thought he just wanted to be picked up. Then, the cry changed to a different cry. I immediately stopped what I was doing and went to him. He had scooted himself up under the cradle. This was the second time he had done this. The first was a few days earlier, and I took his picture that time. You will see the picture below. There were no injuries to report from the first incident. Now the second incident was another story. When I got to him, he was moving his head from side to side up under the slat at the bottom of the cradle, and when I pulled him out, his eye was SO red! Within a couple of minutes, it began to swell, and he looked like someone had given him a left hook! Noah kept calling him Rocky Balboa. By Tuesday morning, a scab had formed above and below his eye where he had rubbed it against the wood. Of course, only my luck, we had his 3-month pictures scheduled for that morning, and we obviously had to cancel them. Here are some pictures of his injuries. The pictures do not show how bad it got, because I didn't take any more pictures once it scabbed up really badly. It is finally looking better today because the scabs are gone. Poor poor baby!
On another note, last night (Thursday), Emerson rolled over for the first time from his back to his tummy. I looked in Parker and Davis's baby book, and I remember that Parker was so old when he finally rolled this way, that I never wrote it down. Davis was 4 1/2 months old when he did this. Maybe Emerson is not young for this, but I feel like he is. In fact, it is a little scary. Let's recap...Emerson can essentially crawl (on his back), and can now roll over, and he is only 3 1/2 months old. I AM DOOMED!!! He'll be walking by my next post (just kidding)!







0 comments:
Post a Comment