Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cupcakes in the Tub

I have recently began following the blog of a little 3 year old boy that was recently diagnosed with cancer. I know, people that know me wonder why I always seem to find these blogs to obsess over, but I saw this one as a prayer request, and I cannot get this little boy off of my mind. I do not know him...I do not know his family, but I know what it is like to have a child, and to love that child with every ounce of my being. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like to see one of my boys go through something like this, so I find myself praying for this little boy, and his family as much as possible. He started his first dose of chemo today, and his mom had a post earlier in the week entitled, "Cupcakes in the Tub". Here is an excerpt from this post that really enlightened me, and made me what to change my often uptight attitude that I have with my kids...and to make a conscious effort to enjoy every moment.

Our Story: "You know..I think we should all eat a cupcake or two in the tub at least once in our lifetime. I mean, why not? If I have learned one thing over the last few days it is that we should enjoy every single second of our time here on earth. We should use our good sheets that have been in the closet since our wedding day, (even if they get peed on the first night they are one the bed), we should use our good dishes, burn our good candles that have sat unlit for the last year, take that family vacation together that we somehow thought we didn't have time for, spend a whole day playing with the kids even though the yard needs mowed and the laundry is touching the ceiling light, tuck our kids in bed with a goodnight kiss every night even if they are teenagers, let the kids have a puppy even if it makes a mess that we really don't want to clean up, stand in the hall and smile as your 8 year old staples 15 posters to their nicely decorated walls, drink diet mt dew from champagne glasses and eat cupcakes in the tub."

Wow! Is that amazing or what? Davis has been begging me for 3 days to make cupcakes, so I have decided after reading this post, that not only are we going to make cupcakes....I am going to let them eat their "cupcakes in the tub"! Like she said...why not?!? Stay tuned for pictures, and hug your children extra tight tonight!

2 comments:

The Pangles said...

Hey girl! That is great! I think everyone needs to read that! Would you mind if I posted this little insert on my blog? We will have to get together soon with the boys for sure! I am not sure about those outfits. If you let me know what size they are then I will know for sure. I don't think the one with the anchor is mine but the other I think might be. I know between the two of us we could have a boutique! I can come by your house one day next week to get them if you want me to and we can visit for a bit. The boys are going to be gone all next week to their grandparents. We need to get those boys together!!Miss you!

www.theryansandour3sons.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely...I stole it from another blog, so it isn't mine, but definitely worth sharing! I found 2 other Kelly's Kids john johns in my stack for you, so I think I was right that the other 2 (size 6 months) are ones I bought off of ebay when I was pregnant with Emerson. I always kept your stuff together. Next week sounds great. Maybe the next week (when school starts back), we can meet at the park one day after school!