We have had a crazy start to 2010 in our family, and our blog has taken a back seat. In the first two months of the year, everyone has been sick (at least once....more for some), Noah's company shut down and he was unemployed for 5 weeks, I spent 5 weeks as a working mom while Noah was Mr. Mom, and he got a new job with AT&T. Now that's a lot for 2 months! But, as things are settling down now, I thought I would do a "catch-up" post for some of the things we have been up to...
The week of new years, all three boys had a virus with a fever. Emerson started it, then Parker, then Davis. They were dropping like flies. Poor baby, he was so pitiful.
This was at dinner on Parker's 2nd day with the fever, and Davis's first day. They couldn't even hold their heads up at dinner!

One night, Noah set up the tent in Parker and Davis's room for an "indoor campout". They love it!
These pictures are from our first "mock snow" we had. Not much snow, but the kids had fun playing just the same. Please ignore that the first picture is sideways, my computer was acting up and wouldn't let me flip it. I just love this picture though, so just turn your head :-)
We went to Gamma's and the kids had a snowball fight with her.

OK, I must make this disclaimer. My kids don't have "real" snow attire. No ski pants, matching gloves....nothing like that. They all three wore pajama pants under jeans, with gloves that were NOT waterproof, jackets not made for snow, and hats that may or may not have fit. I LOVE this picture of Davis because he looks like a homeless man to me. That hat really did fit him, but it was a cheap hat from Walmart that would not stay put on his head (and he's wearing MY scarf). Makes me laugh everytime I look at this pic! They may not have looked perfect in the snow (maybe one day), but boy did they have fun!

Time to go inside for hot chocolate!

Warming their feet by Gamma's fire.
Even Emerson got hot chocolate.
One night we went to our friend's house (the Ford's), and we put the kids to bed while we hung out. The big kids (Parker and Katelyn), got to watch TV a little later. Aren't they cute?
This is from the Reflections Banquet when Parker got a trophy for winning first place at his school for the first grade literature category.
These pictures are from the 100 book club celebration. The first grade students at Parker's school were encouraged to read 100 books in the first 100 days of school. Parker read more than double the number of books required to participate! All of the kids had t-shirts, and were given a certificate. We were so proud of Parker and all of the first graders!







1 comments:
I LOVE the snow attire. Looks just like our make-shift clothing too! Who cares what they look like right? It's all going to get soaked anyway!!!
Post a Comment