Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Joys of Boys

I ran across this poem online, and loved it. Read it, and then look at the pictures below that I have posted. I thought I would share some pictures that show the crazy side of boys. As I looked back through some of my pictures (and these are just from the past few weeks), I found some hilarious pictures. These are just a taste of the excitement around my house. And just think of what it will be like 5 years from now when they are 5, 8, and 11 years old. Talk about excitement...
Raising Boys

(Roberta I. Teague)

I scrub the wall of fingerprints,
Pick up the mounds of clothes.
I sweep the dirt that shoes track in-
Wish I could use a hose!
Meals are served from dawn to dark,
Dirty dishes crowd the sink.
Just when they're washed and put away-
Everyone wants a drink!
The washer pulls the dirty grime
From pants worn thin and patched.
They look so very neat and clean-
Yuck, look what the pockets hatched!
Broken bones and bloody knees,
I should have been a nurse.
I take it all in shaky stride-
Just grateful it's not worse!
Screams and shouts and arguments
Test the keeping of my cool.
They left the neighbor's faucet on-
See their new front yard pool!
A soothing bath is ecstasy,
A reward at the end of my rope.
Raising boys isn't really bad-
But first I must wash the soap!
A rose can say I Love You,
Orchids can enthrall;
But a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,
Oh my, that says it all!
Parker the Ninja with 1-day old Emerson...Yikes!Wrestling in the hospital...Now that's appropriate...isn't it?!?Nothing like the safety of a sword in our hospital room. I guess he was guarding us. That will teach those nurses to mess with us! Playing football in the house?!?Right on my brand new furniture. Very nice!Future Heisman winner

Who woke up on the wrong side of the bed....and who gave him a gun??? Not a great combination! Is that a guy stuck on my front door? According to Parker and Davis, "it's Sticky Goo-Goo Guy, and that's where he goes!"
So there we have it! Just a day in the life of me and my crazy household! I think I will make this a monthly post. Each month, you can see just a highlight of our craziness. And the greatest part is...that I wouldn't trade it for all of the pink hair bows in the world!



0 comments: