I know I have been a little "blog happy" lately, and posting tons of things, but this has been a very busy and exciting week (plus I finally figured out how to post videos). In the last couple of weeks, a huge light bulb has gone off in Parker's head, and he has gone from sounding out a few words, to really reading!!! He says that his cousin, Patrick, taught him while he was in town! He is so proud of himself, and of course, we are proud of him too. His Gamma took him to the Library and joined him in a summer reading club called "Catch the Reading Bug" (hence the picture above) where you keep track of the books you read all summer (or the books someone reads to you). She checked him out 7 books and he read them all pretty quickly. I took him back yesterday and he checked out 7 more, and has already read 6 of them. He is obsessed for now. We can only hope it lasts. Here is a quick video of him reading a couple of pages of one of his new library books.
Friday, June 20, 2008
"Catch the Reading Bug"
Posted by www.theryansandour3sons.blogspot.com at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment