Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Meet the Teacher and Davis's First Day of School

Davis started a new preschool this year. We did a lot of debating and praying about where the best place would be for him this year. We decided to move him to the preschool at our church. I felt pretty good about the decision, but still had some doubts. Last week, we went to the open house to attend a meeting for new families, and to meet Davis's new teacher. We sat down in the meeting, with Davis sitting between Noah and me, and Mr. Duke got up to do the opening. For those of you that do not know Mr. Duke, he is the Pastor of preschool at our church. He is wonderful, and loves those kids like his own. He introduced himself, and then he prayed. When he started praying, it was so sweet (as his prayers always are), I started crying. I know, I am such a mom. But I felt so overwhelmed with such a peace that we had made the right decision about placement for Davis. Then, the preschool director got up and began to share more about the preschool, curriculum, and the schedules. She said, "Now don't get me wrong, we teach your children their ABC's and 123's, but our primary goal is to teach them the love of Jesus." What do you think I did....yep, I started crying again. But that is exactly what I want for him. I want him to learn academics for sure, but more importantly at this age, I want him to be loved on, and taught about Jesus even more. I can't think of anything else that could have confirmed it all for me.


Noah and Davis walking in to meet his new teachers.

Davis with his new teacher. She wanted to take his picture, and he kept telling her all sorts of stories (not too surprising). She was very sweet to listen to all of them.

Davis made a craft with the assistant teacher.

Now this is my typical Davis. He is playing with some plastic spiders.
This Tuesday, he had his first day of school. Parker and Emerson spent the night with Gamma the night before, which gave us some special time with Davis by himself. We took him to breakfast (McDonalds was of course his choice), then we both took him to school. They didn't want us to walk him in, so we dropped him off in the carpool line. He did great! No tears from him.....now Mommy was a different story. I did not expect to cry, because it is not his first year in preschool, but it hit me as soon as he got out of his car. I have missed him so much this week having him gone. Yes, I realize it's only for 3 1/2 hours, but I have been used to having him with me all day. He is going 3 days each week. I am really looking forward to Friday, so I can have him home with me for the day. He is having a great time at school, but I think he is ready for a break too. He told me today, "I do love school, but I still miss my Mommy." Broke my heart. I told him I miss him too!


This was before we left home that morning.Yummy breakfast at McDonalds.

This was at school outside the car in the carpool line. Make a mental note of his cute little bear name tag he wore. I will revisit that topic in a minute. He was very happy to have his Daddy there too.

Time to go...

He looks so big, yet so little at the same time.

Time to go home! This was as soon as he got in the car that afternoon. Back to the name tag...how much damage can be done to one small name tag in 3 1/2 hours. Well, when it's around Davis's neck, apparently a lot. Poor guy came home missing one arm, with both legs , one arm, and one ear all folded down. Gotta love my crazy Davis!

1 comments:

The Plumadore's said...

I am laughing so hard at the name tag I am in tears!!! There is nothing like a little boy!!!