Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Snow Storm of 2011

In January we had a huge snow storm (huge for where we live). It was the most snow I have seen since my 16th birthday, in March of 1993. The snow started late that Sunday night, and within 30 minutes the ground was covered. We woke up Monday morning, to find around 6 inches of snow! That is unheard of for our area! School ended up being closed for the entire week. The kids enjoyed the break, and had a blast in the snow. If you will notice, there is only one picture of Davis. That's because he goes non-stop, and it's almost impossible to get him to slow down long enough for a picture!










Our neighbors had a great hill to sled down. All of the kids (and grown-ups too) enjoyed it! It became the best place in the neighborhood to go. They would sled down, then go all the way down the street. It was great!

Even sweet Emerson got a turn!
I loved seeing people just walking in the middle of the street....knowing that no cars would be coming.
There goes Emerson down the street after sledding down the hill.
This is what their hill looked like after about an hour. It was hilarious!


Noah and I have decided our kids look like homeless people in their "snow clothes". We seem to be the only ones that aren't decked out in snow gear. That's ok...our kids still survived!



A couple of days into the snow week, we were able to get out of our neighborhood and meet our friends to sled and play in the snow. It was SO nice to get out of the house!

They loved sledding down this hill by the lake. Plus it was SO beautiful!

This was me attempting not to bust and fall down the hill!

2 comments:

The McBrayer family said...

yea! an update!! I thought I was alone in the blog world! haha! love the post- makes me realize how much fun that week was- my snow hat rocks.

www.theryansandour3sons.blogspot.com said...

Thanks! I am ready to get caught up. And yes....your snow hat rocks!!!