It's a BOY!!! We decided to go to one of the early ultrasound places, to find out the gender of the baby earlier than if we waited for the doctor to tell us. This is something I have been very impatient with each of my pregnancies. I have to say, going into this ultrasound, I really didn't know. My heart thought boy, because it's all I know, but my head said maybe girl, because really....what are the odds....4 babies....all the same gender??? When she started the ultrasound, she couldn't immediately tell boy or girl because of how the baby was laying. It didn't take long, and she said, "if you already have 3 boys, you probably know what that is!" I took one look, and I instantly knew we were having another boy. My heart instantly melted....in a good way. I know that I would have loved a sweet little girl, but the thought of another precious boy in our family brought tears to my eyes....again....good tears!
Now is as good a time as any, for a moment of clarification. You would be amazed....or maybe you wouldn't....at the comments I have gotten from people regarding finding out this baby will be our 4th boy. I have heard everything from, "don't feel bad", to "Awwww....well, I am sure four boys will be ok", to "you've got to be joking". For the record,
1. I do NOT feel bad.
2. It will be more than ok
3. I am not joking!
I love my 3 boys more than my own life. They can be wild, they can be crazy, but more importantly, they have more love in their 3 sweet hearts, than I have ever experienced. I have a relationship with them that is more than I could have ever imagined before my journey as a mother began. Yes, I am sure I would have had a great relationship with a girl, but my heart is with my boys, so how could I ever be upset when finding out God has blessed us with another boy? I feel so blessed to know that God has entrusted Noah and me with raising 4 boys. I never thought I could have done it, and I now I can't imagine it any other way. I say all of this, to make sure, if there are any questions out there, NO....I am not disappointed, and I am not sad I do not have any girls, and I would not change any of this! 4 boys.....what an amazing and sweet journey we have ahead of us!
Here are some sweet pictures of our precious baby boy, Brooks Lawson. These pictures are from about 6 weeks ago, so I can only imagine how much cuter he looks now!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
It's a ...........
Posted by www.theryansandour3sons.blogspot.com at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I am very happy for you! Just like you if God blesses us with another boy I will be thrilled! :) I think many people think we went one more time trying for a girl... but we just want a healthy baby!! Hang in there girl... most likely we'll be following suit!!
Thanks Kelly! I am excited for your new addition...boy OR girl ;-)
I love the way you worded this! I personally am super happy for a healthy baby Ryan. No matter the sex, they will be loved. Although, I am secretly happy I have the only girls....:)
Luv you all!
Post a Comment