Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Nanny would be so proud!

After my Nanny passed away, a little over 6 years ago, we dug up some of the plants from her yard. Some of them, we planted in our yard. These are some pictures of her azalea bushes and her rose bush that are in my yard now. They all end up blooming right around her birthday each year, which is also Emerson's birthday. They are doing great this year! Makes me so happy every time I look at them, and makes me think of my Nanny. I know that they are just plants to some people, but to me, they are my Nanny's plants, and that in itself, makes them so much more special than any other plant in my yard! Parker was the only one of my three boys that had the joy of meeting her. She loved every bit of him, and even in her 70's, spent tons of time in the floor playing with him. I wish more than anything that Davis and Emerson would have had the chance to meet her, and for her to get to be a part of their lives to this day and beyond. I do my best to share my memories of her with them. Here are the pictures. Just a little taste of one of the many things that remind me of my Nanny on a daily basis!










3 comments:

The McBrayer family said...

so special! I love that! Also- your blog looks ADORABLE!!! Love the picture and new background!!

www.theryansandour3sons.blogspot.com said...

Yeah I know...it's cute :-) Just kidding...thanks haha!

The McBrayer family said...

you're so confident. I'm proud- so secure in your blog choices.