Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blueberry Pickin'

Today we went to a small farm in Dacula to pick blueberries. It is a little late in the season, so they were a little picked over, but we were still able to pick almost a full gallon. We had so much fun. Davis picked for about 15 minutes or so, then ran around and played (perfectly normal for a 3 year old). Parker on the other hand, meticulously picked blueberries nonstop for the full hour plus. He was determined for us to fill a bucket. He was careful not to pick the ones that weren't big enough, or not dark enough, etc. It was too cute. He was so serious about it. Here is a conversation that I overheard him having with himself as he picked...
"hmmmm....not big enough...not dark enough...perfect...not ready yet...perfect...too small...ooohhh, this was looks so big and juicy, I gotta eat it now."
It was hilarious. He was asking about maybe going back next time to pick apples and corn. I will have to stay on top of the "pickin' " seasons so I can take him back in the future. We had so much fun. Thanks for the idea, Gamma, and for going with us! It was a great day!




Poor baby was SO hot!


Gamma walked over to the blackberries, but someone had picked 5 gallons before we got there and pretty much wiped them out. They picked a few, but just ate them.

0 comments: