Emerson is now 8 1/2 months old, but he missed the memo and thinks he is more like 12-14 months old. Actually, he works extra hard to keep up with his 2 big brothers because he is convinced he can hang with them (and usually can). He is into everything these days. He started crawling at 5 months, pulling up at 6 months, and is trying desperately to walk at 8 months. I would love for him to slow down a little, but that is not looking very promising. Even though he is a lot of extra work right now, he is also at such a fun age. He is responding to what we say (with the exception of "NO"), and lights up when we walk in the room. He is usually such a happy baby. We are dealing with some ear issues. He is scheduled to get tubes in his ears February 3, so we are hoping that will put an end to the ear infections. Here are some pictures of him lately.
Let me explain the title of "The dreaded topiary". For years now, I have had a pot with a topiary in it at right beside my front door in the foyer. Ever since Emerson has started crawling, he LOVES to crawl over to it, and start pulling all of the straw out of the pot. This has been a constant battle with us for about 3 months now. Try telling a 6 month old "No" when he has no idea what you are talking about. Now, even at 8 months, he just looks up at me with the sweetest smile like he is so proud of himself. It got so bad that one day, I came home from work when Noah had been home with the kids all day by himself, and the topiary was sitting on the kitchen counter. Remember now, that this topiary is about 4 feet tall. Looked pretty crazy on the counter, but I could feel Noah's pain. It is sometimes a battle not worth fighting. This past weekend, I moved the topiary into the dining room corner hoping that a few days out of sight might make it lose some of it's excitement to him. He was playing in the den with Davis, and I actually thought I might get a few minutes to unload the dishwasher. All of a sudden, it seemed awfully quiet, which is never a good sign. I walked out of the kitchen and this is what I found....Emerson surrounded by the straw from the topiary. He found it, and boy was he proud. If you look closely, you can see that he has straw all over his outfit and stuck to his shoes. It took me forever to clean it all up!
Let me explain the title of "The dreaded topiary". For years now, I have had a pot with a topiary in it at right beside my front door in the foyer. Ever since Emerson has started crawling, he LOVES to crawl over to it, and start pulling all of the straw out of the pot. This has been a constant battle with us for about 3 months now. Try telling a 6 month old "No" when he has no idea what you are talking about. Now, even at 8 months, he just looks up at me with the sweetest smile like he is so proud of himself. It got so bad that one day, I came home from work when Noah had been home with the kids all day by himself, and the topiary was sitting on the kitchen counter. Remember now, that this topiary is about 4 feet tall. Looked pretty crazy on the counter, but I could feel Noah's pain. It is sometimes a battle not worth fighting. This past weekend, I moved the topiary into the dining room corner hoping that a few days out of sight might make it lose some of it's excitement to him. He was playing in the den with Davis, and I actually thought I might get a few minutes to unload the dishwasher. All of a sudden, it seemed awfully quiet, which is never a good sign. I walked out of the kitchen and this is what I found....Emerson surrounded by the straw from the topiary. He found it, and boy was he proud. If you look closely, you can see that he has straw all over his outfit and stuck to his shoes. It took me forever to clean it all up!
Here are some more cute pictures and a video of Emerson walking with his new toy that he got from Santa.









0 comments:
Post a Comment