This past weekend, we had our annual weekend getaway with our closest friends. This trip is a couples only trip, with the exception of nursing babies. We missed Tom and Danielle getting to come with us this year because it was too close to Emerson's friend, Camden, being born. Emerson is the only little baby (for now), so he got to come with us. Our dear friends may change their mind about this rule after this weekend. Emerson was miserable. He hardly slept either of the nights, and spent a decent amount of the weekend crying. He definitely was not himself! We found out at the doctor on Monday morning following this weekend, that he had double ear infections. That explained a lot. Hopefully our friends will forgive him for not being on his best behavior!
We had such a wonderful time, as always, with our friends. We ate LOTS of food, played games, hiked, laughed, laughed, and laughed! These first pictures were taken after the husbands (with the exception of Blake who is the only rule follower of all of the hubbies) climbed over a rock wall with a sign that said, "Do Not Climb on the Wall". Needless to say, Blake was the only smart one of the bunch. They were standing right on the edge of a huge
drop off. You might think, "Oh, they must just be enjoying the view". Oh no...it couldn't stop at that. Then it was, (imagine this said with super macho voices..."hey...I bet I can throw this rock farther than you"..."Oh yeah, I bet I can hit the rocks on the other side of the water"..."Oh yeah?!?!"..."Yeah, I'll bet you $5 you can't". I think you get the idea. It was actually pretty funny. After the guys threw the rocks for a little bit, Matt decided to try to hit a golf ball across the water. It was too funny watching all of the testosterone fly. I joke about them, but our husbands are the best!

Throw it Noah!!!

Nice Toe Touch Kevin! Told you I would put this on my blog!


This was the sign that was at the start of the hiking trail we went on. Nice trail to take a baby on! Luckily we didn't hear any gunshots.

The beautiful sunset from our deck.


This sign, ironically enough, was on the door to the room that Noah and I slept in with Emerson. Apparently that sign was made just for Emerson. He was definitely the grouchy bear of the weekend. Poor Emerson!

3 comments:
Wow, Kevin should have been a male cheerleader at UGA!! Pretty good toe-touch!!
Did you know Kevin was offered a full-ride GymDog scholarship to UGA?
I have always had a sneaky suspicion that he was, but never knew for sure. Thanks for the info Jennifer ;-)
Post a Comment