Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Beach Trip - Days 1 & 2

This year we were initially not sure if we would get to take our annual beach trip since Noah is has only been at his new job for a little over 3 months, but we were able to work it out to go to Santa Rosa Beach in Florida. This whole area on 30-A has become my favorite place to vacation. We have been to several places in this area and I love them all! There is so much to do not to mention the most beautiful beaches! After the oil spill, we started hearing awful things about what was going to happen to this area because of the spill. I still believe some of those horrible things are coming in the future, but the week we were there, it was still as beautiful as ever. We were there Gamma was able to join us on day 2 of our trip and stay for the rest of the week. That was wonderful! Noah stayed Saturday-Wednesday then headed back to work the end of the week. We were just glad he was able to be with us for that much of the trip. We definitely missed him at the end though (especially when Gamma and I were loading the car on the last day when it was 100 degrees - bike rack and all....not a pretty sight....no pictures were taken!!!) Let me go ahead and warn you, I go completely camera happy on vacation, so I thought it best to split these posts up. This first one will be Days 1 and 2. There will be a special award if you hang in there and actually look at all of the pictures :-)

Thank heavens for portable DVD players! We left at 5:15AM Saturday morning, so the boys were like zombies the entire ride.

We left so early Saturday morning, then lost an hour because of the time change, so we were actually at the beach by 11am central time. Gave us time for seafood for lunch (best Po-boy I had ever eaten!) and almost a full day on the beach. Not bad for a "travel day"!
That night there was a storm out over the ocean. It was pitch black when I took these pictures from our balcony, but the lightening was lighting up the entire sky. Guess this is why they call it an electrical storm. It was beautiful!
I love how you can see that bolt of lightening.
Sunday was Father's Day. What a great place to spend that day for Noah!
Sweet boy loves his Daddy!
My 4 boys! Couldn't love this bunch any more!!!
Emerson loved the ocean! The first couple of days he liked to stay pretty close in, then by the end of the week, he wanted to go out to the big waves like his big brothers!
Father's Day night we went to the Commons in Destin. We ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, walked around some of the shops (and purchased the boys' their "surfer necklaces"...more on that later), and played on a small playground there.

I didn't notice until right now that the boys' outfits matched this playground exactly! I promise I did not plan that...I had never been there...but it is pretty cute if I do say so myself!


Sweet boy on the starfish.

I think Parker may be getting too big for playgrounds like this since his body is as long, if not longer, than the slide!







What a wonderful first 2 days to our vacation. Stay tuned for more!!!

0 comments: