Last Friday night, Parker and I had a date night. It was so fun. First, we went to Third Coast Grille in Buford because he has been begging for popcorn shrimp ever since we went to the beach in July. Then, we went to McDaniel Farms Park for an Astronomy class that the Gwinnett County Parks and Rec sponsored. The class was planned around a meteor shower that was going on. First, the kids did a craft, that was a circle chart that will help us to be able to find the location of certain stars in the sky based on the month and time of night. We were able to see two meteors (which I had never seen), Jupiter, and lots of constellations that the teacher was able to point out. We both loved it. Parker loves Science and space, so this was right up his alley. Spending this time with Parker was right up my alley! He was so sweet the entire night. I love having all of my boys together, but there is something so special about having one at a time too. So often, I feel so pulled trying to hold it all together, that I love having that special time with the boys individually too. One of the cutest thing he said all night was at dinner about his onion rings. He wanted those with his popcorn shrimp instead of fries. I told him, "they are an extra dollar, but you're worth it". He said, "what does that mean? That I have to pay for them?" It was so funny. It's not like we usually make him pay for his food! It was a wonderful night, and a great way to celebrate the first week of school.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Date Night
This was before we left home that night.
Posted by www.theryansandour3sons.blogspot.com at 3:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment