Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Emerson's First Words?

As a speech therapist, I have always made a point of telling people that a true "first word" is not just when the child says a sound that sounds like a word, but when they pair up the word with it's meaning. That they say something and realize what it actually means. With that said, Emerson has been saying "bye bye". I think he realizes what it means, because he usually waves at the same time, but who knows. So not as a speech therapist, but as a mom, I am going to say that Emerson has said his first word! Either way, here is a cute video of him saying it. This is not the best example of him saying it, but it is the best one I have captured on video. He is 9 months old now, and changing every day.

0 comments: