After many ear infections, Emerson had surgery this morning to have tubes put in his ears. We had to be at the surgery center at Scottish Rite at 6:30 this morning. After filling out papers, and getting the basic things done (weight, blood pressure, etc), they took us back to the pre-op room. They gave us the tiniest little hospital gown that I have ever seen and a pair of little no-skid socks (like a tiny version of the ones they give adults in the hospital). He was pretty happy, but VERY ready to eat since I wasn't able to feed him this morning. When 7:30 rolled around, they let me go back with him into the operating room. I won't go into details, but it was pitiful. He did fine...actually he did better than I did. I don't care how "noninvasive" this surgery was, no one wants to see their 9 month old put under anesthesia. By the time they took Noah and me over to the post op room, and we sat down for about 2 minutes, the doctor came in and said that it was over. We knew it was a quick procedure, but we never dreamed it would be that quick. Within a few minutes they brought him back to us and he was still out cold. After about 10 minutes, he woke up flailing around and crying. Once I fed him he was fine! We were actually back in the car heading home just a few minutes after 8am. Hopefully, now we will see an immediate improvement with his ears. The doctor said that he has 2 ear infections right now, but that the tubes will drain them out. Bless his heart, he is such a good baby that we didn't even know he had another ear infections. Here are some pictures from today. The ones at the bottom are so pitiful, but I couldn't help but take them. I didn't get any good pictures after we got him dressed to go home. Gamma bought him some brand new soft pajamas to wear home. He was so toasty...you never would have know he had anything done. After eating, and playing for a while at home, he went down for a nap. It's now been 3 1/2 hours since he went to sleep, and he's still sleeping. We are very glad that he got the tubes, but we are very glad that it is over!
Emerson in his cute little hospital gown and socks.











0 comments:
Post a Comment