Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Emerson's First Bath
On Monday, Emerson had his first bath at home. Gamma helped, and he wasn't too sure about it. He doesn't really like to be naked, so he was very happy when it was over. He smelled so yummy after we were done! There is nothing sweeter than a clean baby in a hooded towel! Davis "helped" give him his bath. He still is not too sure about his new baby brother, but he does better when he thinks he is "helping". I tried to attach a video, but didn't have any luck. I will try again later.



















Emerson's First Doctor's Appointment


Emerson also had his first doctors appointment yesterday. At birth he was 7lbs 14 oz, but had dropped down to 7lbs, 7oz when we left the hospital. At his appointment yesterday, he was back up to 7lbs, 11oz. He is still a little jaundice, but they do not seem too concerned about it anymore. Overall, he is perfect. Nothing to worry about. He slept almost all day yesterday, then still slept well last night, so I guess there is nothing to complain about there either. I am sure he will "wake up" soon, and start giving us a run for our money. My mom keeps reminding us that "he is not even supposed to be born yet", since his original due date was not until May 9.

Muffins with Mom

Tuesday, Parker had Muffins with Mom at his school. I wasn't sure I would be able to make it, but we made it happen. Gamma was our chaffeur, since I can't drive yet. It was nice to have some time with just Parker. At the end, Gamma brought in Davis and Emerson, so that Parker could "show off" his new baby brother to his teacher and friends. He was very excited!

This is Parker and his good friend Ethan B.

This is Parker's class this year. They have their preschool graduation on Tuesday of next week. Parker's Mommy is having a very tough time with this!!!! We will post pictures of it next week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing GREAT with your BLOG! I love reading and seeing as much as I can since I haven't seen him in person since Sunday. I hope to see ya'll soon. Love! Great Kim