Friday, August 5, 2011

Brooks Lawson Ryan

Well, it's been 3 weeks, and I have just now found a little time to update our blog. Let's go back for a minute. My c-section was originally scheduled for Monday, July 18th. I went in on the 14th for my pre-op appointment at the hospital. While I was there, they told me that a spot had opened up on the next day if I wanted to move my c-section. So, on Friday, July 15th, at 12:49pm, our precious Brooks Lawson was born. He was a big boy, weighing in at 8 lbs 9 oz, and 21 inches long. When I saw him the first time, he looked like Parker to me, but after some time, I thought he looked more like Emerson. He has been an amazing addition to our family. In 3 short weeks, I cannot imagine our family without him. Brooks was a part of God's plan for our family, and we had no idea. We thought that our family was complete with 3 boys, but God had bigger plans in mind. The day he was born, and every day since, I look at his sweet face and wonder what God has planned for his life. I know that it's something big...I don't know what, but it's something. There is a reason God chose to bring him into our family, and I can't wait to watch it all unfold. Here are some pictures of his amazing "birth"day.

The first time I got to hold him.

One of my favorite pictures!

The boys meeting Brooks for the first time.

Emerson kept saying "look at his tiny ears!"

My heart lies in these 4 boys!

Emerson was so amazed looking at Brooks. It was so sweet watching him!

Peeking at his toes.

This is the midwife that assisted in my c-section. She is also the midwife that delivered Parker!

Cashed out at the end of the day. A wonderful, but exhausting day!

0 comments: