Sunday, October 25th, 2009 was a very special day for our family. Parker was baptized at our church. Back in November of last year, he prayed and asked Jesus to be his Savior one night with Noah and me at home. It was a very exciting time, but he wasn't quite ready to get baptized because he was way too nervous about it. He asked me if he could wear his goggles when he did (which has left a life long hilarious picture in my head). He recently decided that he was ready, so much of our close family and friends joined us for this special time. Mr. Duke, the pastor of preschool, baptized Parker because he is the pastor that Parker knows the best.
During the baptism, Duke used a very special handkerchief to cover Parker's nose. When I was a baby, a family friend gave my mom a handkerchief that had been made into a bonnet. Once the bonnet had been worn, the ribbon came out, and it was a handkerchief again. When I was baptized, the preacher used it, and when Noah and I married, I carried it as my "something old". So, we pulled it out for Parker to use too. It was very special to me for him to use it. I hope one day to see my other two boys use it one day too.
Parker...Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for taking this step, and showing the world that Jesus lives in your heart. We pray for you every day, that God will continue to help you grow in your relationship with Him, and guide you down the path that he wants you to be on. God has some amazing things in store for your life sweet boy. I can't wait to see what those things are! We love you!
This was before it was time. We were on the opposite side of the baptismal pool from Parker. It was so cute to see peeking out from behind the wall to make sure that he could still see us.
This was afterward getting dried off.
Our family after the service.







1 comments:
So neat and so special!
Love you friend-
J
Post a Comment