Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Emerson is 10 Months Old!

Believe it or not, my sweet baby is 10 months old. His first birthday is slowly sneaking up on me and I don't like it one bit. I promise it feels like just yesterday that he was born. He had his most recent check-up last week and here are the most recent stats...
Length: 29 1/2 inches - 68%
Weight: 18 lbs 12 oz - 13%
Head: 93% - Yikes!
He seems to be on track to end up like his oldest brother...tall and thin. He is healthy and growing great! He is doing more and more every day. Gamma just taught him patty cake (which is adorable). He is standing great! On February 25th (Gamma's birthday) he took one step to her, and he has done that a few times since then. He hasn't done more than one step yet, but he will just stand there now. I think he is waiting for just the right moment to take off. As sad as it makes me that he's getting so big, I am actually ready for him to start walking to get him off of the floor, since everything goes straight in his mouth. Here are some recent pictures of Emerson doing some of his new "tricks" and getting into some trouble.
This was at the doctor. You can see the pitiful band-aid on his toe where they took blood.

Emerson helped himself to the toilet paper out of the bathroom this day. He brought it out of the bathroom and unrolled it all over the floor. I was in the kitchen, and Davis yelled, "uh-oh, we have trouble." Funny to hear that coming from Davis. He's just glad to see someone else causing the trouble! He's SO proud of himself! Emerson standing like a big boy!

2 comments:

Gamma said...

Just look at that SWEET Baby! Oh my, makes my heart and soul SOAR! I am so very blessed!

Jennifer said...

You stop talking about my Davis like that. He is NOT trouble. LOL. Well, OK, maybe he is. But he can come live at the army with Aunt Jennifer anytime he gets in trouble!