When I think back to when Parker was born, sometimes it feels like a very long time ago, other times, it feels like it was just the other day. I do not feel old enough to have an 8 year old! I still look at him and wonder how this happened so quickly. He is turning into such a special boy. He has always been special, of course, but his sweet heart is really starting become more apparent. We are so proud of him, and can't wait to see what is ahead for him!
The morning of his birthday we gave him a DS. He was SO excited. He really didn't think he was getting one.
Emerson and I joined him for lunch at school that day.
Of course, his best friend, Luke, ate at the parent table with us.
That night he had his party. He wanted a Wii party. We weren't exactly sure how to do that, so we just invited a few boys over for pizza and time to play. They played Wii and ping pong in the basement. Lots of fun, and LOTS of energy with all of those boys.
Connor lost his tooth during dinner. Made for extra excitement.
Emerson thought he was as big as all of the boys. He would not hear of not sitting with them at the big table!
A little game of football was thrown in at some point.
I LOVED the cake that Publix did. Looked just like a Wii controller!
I decided that it's we as adults that care so much about appearance. The kids could have cared less that they spent the evening playing Wii in an unfinished basement on an old tube TV! So I decided if they don't care, neither do I. So, that is where the Wii remains to this day. We love it down there!
Parker had a fun and full 8th birthday! It was a great day all around!







0 comments:
Post a Comment