Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas in the Ryan Family

While cleaning up today during naptime (the boys' naptime...not mine) I noticed our Little People Nativity Set. We have had it for many years. It is one of my favorite Christmas items in our house each year, because the boys love it. Emerson even loves it this year. He crawls right to the hearth, pulls up, grabs baby Jesus, and in the mouth he goes! Something different stuck out to me this time. You know the song Ernie sings on Sesame Street, "One of these things is not like the other"? Well, let's just say that song popped into mind immediately. Here is an overall picture of the entire scene. See if you can pick it out?

OK, now I will give a close-up view for those of you that could not find it...

That's right folks, R2D2 is right in the middle of the 3 Wisemen. I laughed out loud all by myself. I needed someone to share it with, so what a better place than the blog. This is one of the many "boy" things that goes on in this house. I am sure I have many friends that might just find a princess in their nativity, but not me, I have R2D2...and I love it! At least we know that in our house, even Star Wars guys are aware of the true meaning of Christmas!

3 comments:

The McBrayer family said...

love it- that is hilarious!! And I am proud- I know who R2D2 is!! Impressed?

The Plumadore's said...

You know that would happen at my house as well and I have a girl!!! I love it!!! Let's just say that the boys look to darn cute in those Christmas PJ'S!!

CLR said...

I LOVED this!! This is priceless.